]SSH Gallery Features Kathryn Cellerini Moore

An exhibit by artist Kathryn Cellerini Moore entitled Ruby Boots will on display March 2-20 in the South Santiam Hall Gallery of Linn-Benton Community College, 6500 Pacific Blvd SW.

A reception and gallery talk will be held Thursday, March 5, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. in the gallery.

The works in this exhibit question how early life experiences effect the artist’s daily interactions and ongoing health complications. Ruby Boots collectively speaks to the woven qualities of emotion, memory, place and time.

 “During the process of creating the artworks in the series Ruby Boots I visited the farmland in rural Oregon where I grew up,” reflected Moore. “Dressed as Dorothy with blue and white gingham and magical ruby boots, I pulled a wagon of yellow bricks along the property to pay homage to the place I consider as the foundation of my yellow brick road. Images of this gesture were captured by photograph in key places on the property where I could recall a specific memory and where I felt an emotional attachment. These places included the platform where my house burned down, to the fence where my family would shoot at tin cans. In addition to photographs, each artwork in the Ruby Boots series contains a drawing. For me, the drawings in this series represent both imagined landscapes and self-portraits. Texture, line, color, and depth create an illusory space that is purely imagined yet subconsciously influenced by places I have been.”
   
LBCC’s South Santiam Hall Gallery is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LBCC Oregon Construction Contractors Board Education

LBCC Holds Annual Career Fair

Community Art classes in Albany, Corvallis, and Lebanon